dinsdag 13 januari 2015

Introduction

Hi !  my name is Julian Maclean and

I am a teacher in ICT - education

I am a teacher now for almost 4 year.
I started out with a basic desire to help those who wanted to understand. 
Let me explain;
One day I was asked if I was interested to learn a program and than teach it to others. It turned out to be so much fun and gave me a sense of purpose which is hard to explain if you have never tried it before. The moment when someone who needs help expresses his or hers gratitude for what they have learned it's something I think all teachers should look for.   
From that day on I have always been involved with teaching.

I have a background in computer skills, that is why I am interested in ICT education.
I in-rolled in the ICT education course so I can expand my teaching skills.
This is something I longed for for some years now.
My focus is to better myself and expand my skills.

A little more about myself
I am 1.85 m tall
I like basketball
I am a born again believer
I love exploring new programs and finding ways to teach them
and I am married to a lovely wife!

I work allot with teenagers and young adults. I think that I can contribute insight which I also found helpful when I was that age. The fact that you show interest in their life is the first step in helping them understand the peculiar position they are in of just becoming adults but still wanting to be kids.

I do voluntary work or something like that is working with prisoners/ex-prisoners and their family. The choice for working with prisoners comes from my life values. I have personally never been in trouble with the law. So why do I want to work with this group of challenging people you may think.
Well that's just it, they are people to!
A mistake can be made by anyone. Now having said that I don't stand for lesser penalties or forgive and forget. I have no illusion of the things people can do or say which hurt other in the process. All I want to state is that if someone made a mistake and if this person wants to change and needs help, I want to assist them in getting the help they need.

To expect something different you can't keep doing the same thing. 
Please change a life when you can.
PFI website: https://pfi.org/ 


What did you think? 
Please let me know?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten